1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

others hotmail addresses

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by turipa, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. turipa

turipa Thread Starter

hi there
    not sure if this is the right place to put this posting, but
    does anyone know how to delete other peoples hotmail addresses off the drop down menu when signing into msn messenger, i have heaps of them sitting there, where family and friends have checked their email from time to time sitting on my computer, .....no big deal just annoying not knowing how to get them off.....
    and my sister want to know how to delete addresses from when you are typing in a address and the drop down menu shows all the sites that have been previouly visited that start with the same letter.....
    again no big deal just annoying

2. RandyG

RandyG

when they are highlighted in the dropdown list, just press the delete key.

3. brindle

brindle

And tools, internet options, clear history will get rid of all the url's in the address bar.

Also if you don't want them in the future go to tools, internet options,content, auto complete and uncheck it there. Typed url's will no longer show up in the drop down address bar.

4. turipa

turipa Thread Starter

oh hi again brindle
    just highlighting and clicking delete doesnt work for either problem.
    will tell my sister to do what you suggested brindle, thanks
    do you know about the hotmail addresses???and how to get rid of them?

5. brindle

brindle

What RandyG said should work. open the pop down addy box, highlight one delete it, then use the down arrow key to pick another addy, hit delete and it's gone.

6. turipa

turipa Thread Starter

nope it wont work
    maybe i havent explained myself well enough
    when i go to sign in on my messenger by using the little green icon on the task bar, i right click and a box opens with
    "please sign in with your email addy etc etc"
    it is there i have a lot of other peoples hotmail address that wont delete by high lighting and clicking delete

7. brindle

brindle

Good Morning turipa
    Oh well that is different, Easy solution to that but I can't remember just now. Will check around today.
    I don't have Hotmail anymore but is there a option to manage accounts? If so you ought to be able to delete them there. I will check.
    Have a wonderful day
    Brett

ps
    Did your sister eliminate all the url's in the address bar and disable the auto-complete function

8. Miz

Miz

Go to Control Panel>User Acounts. Click on your account. In the left-hand pane click on "Manage my network passwords." You will be able to remove the unwanted items there.

9. turipa

turipa Thread Starter

brillant thanks miz, that worked i deleted like 30 addresses of people i have set up hotmail accounts for, and others who have used my computer
    I not sure if my sister got it sorted, will see her today so will ask
    have a great day
    karon

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167288

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice