1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

oulook 2K cannot remove mailbox

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Antman450, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Antman450

Antman450 Thread Starter

I have a friend who is using outlook 2k and an exchange server. A person's mailbox who no longer works there is in her outlook and i try to close it but it says to go into the services to remov ethe mailbox. I did that, but only see her exchange profile in there.
    Can't seem to figure this one out. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated.

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

If she no longer works there, why don't you delete her account. If you need to keep it for some reason, then disable her account.

3. Antman450

Antman450 Thread Starter

It's not that. The account on the exchange server has been deleted. I actually cannot remove the mailbox from showwing up in her outlook.

4. Bruce319

Bruce319

I'm not sure what exactly you mean then?
    Do you mean that her email is still part of Global Address list in exchange, or that she has email addresses saved in her Private Folder in Outlook that you want removed?

5. Cmeagan

Cmeagan

Do you mean that your friend is now using the workstation that the former employee used to use and the former employee's profile is still associated to the Outlook on the desktop?

If so try this:

1. Right click on the Outlook Icon

2. Left click properties

3. Left click show profiles

4. Make sure the profile for your friend is in the list of profiles. If not, add it.

5. Select the former employee's profile, click remove, and then click yes.

Your friend's profile should now be the only one left and therefore be the mailbox that opens when Outlook is opened. To exit, click OK and/or Yes as you are prompted. DO NOT click on the X in the upper right corner of the boxes or the changes may not be saved.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172356

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice