1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Oulook Office XP Pro - Outbox

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by shorkey666, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shorkey666

shorkey666 Thread Starter

A problem has just started to happen on my Outlook account. Messages stay in my outbox but have actually been sent. I tried the repair software, scanpst.exe, I downloaded and installed SP3, I deleted the messages from the outbox and from the deleted folder and then sent a new message and the same thing happens. It gets sent but still shows up in my outbox. Help! This is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Colin

2. Rockn

Rockn

Is your mail account a POP mail account or are you on and Exchange server or other email program like Hotmail.

3. kaula

kaula

might try doing a search for outbox.dbx and deleting it

4. shorkey666

shorkey666 Thread Starter

Rockn,

It is a pop account that has been working flawlessly for over one year. I did notice that stuff that is truly in my outbox is identified with a different font than the "ghost" stuff. I 'spose I could use that as a way of verifying if something has been sent but that doesn't really solve the problem.

CT

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice