Our new kitty!

angielynn

She's a cutie. Black and grey with some stripes on her tummy and legs. About 12 weeks old now. The kids have named her fuzzball.

I've never owned a cat before so I don't know what to expect ... Hubby has but he's working in Nebraska right now so he's not that helpful :p

So ... tell me what I should know and what to expect.

The kids love her but she makes me sneeze! :D

I'll add some pics as soon as she sits still long enough for me to take one.

angielynn said:
She's a cutie. Black and grey with some stripes on her tummy and legs. About 12 weeks old now. The kids have named her fuzzball.

I've never owned a cat before so I don't know what to expect ... Hubby has but he's working in Nebraska right now so he's not that helpful :p

So ... tell me what I should know and what to expect.

The kids love her but she makes me sneeze! :D

I'll add some pics as soon as she sits still long enough for me to take one.
You should have her spayed & microchipped (unless she'll live solely indoors). And wormed, vaccinated, "done" for fleas/tics. And don't forget pet insurance and ... can you get a 2nd mortgage? ;)

Yeah, something else that I read recently but up till then had never heard of ... too much tuna can be real bad. Maybe someone else who knows can link to some hard info.

Watch out for kitten droppings in the corners and behind objects. Start the potty training ASAP. They're bundles of fun and get into everything (as you probably already know).

bomb #21 said:
Yeah, something else that I read recently but up till then had never heard of ... too much tuna can be real bad. Maybe someone else who knows can link to some hard info.
I've heard this also. My folks cat had kidney probs before death. Tuna was off limits.

angielynn

katonca said:
Watch out for kitten droppings in the corners and behind objects. Start the potty training ASAP. They're bundles of fun and get into everything (as you probably already know).
Thankfully she was potty trained when we brought her home. (y)

What a lovely kitty,
you shouldn't give them too much cow's milk either, they can't digest it, give them mostly water or a special cat's milk from suppliers.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Hi Angie! :) Hope you had a nice birthday! :) Fuzzball is adorable...and so is Jared! :)

Davec

Gone but never forgotten
Also, avoiding cat spanking. Besides the injustice,it can lead to severely chapped lips. Read the link in my sig.

angielynn

angelize56 said:
Hi Angie! :) Hope you had a nice birthday! :) Fuzzball is adorable...and so is Jared! :)
Yes ... hubby was home so it was a wonderful birthday! and thank you I think they are pretty cute too :D

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Glad your birthday was alright and hubby was there! :)

Here's your banana with a transparent background in case you want to lose the white! ;)

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online