1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

out look express, read receipt

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kanutter57, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kanutter57

kanutter57 Thread Starter

Ihave been on tech support all day regarding this problem, all has shifted to the other.
    Here goes: All I am looking for is a read receipt for emails that I send. I went into tools, options, receipts, under the heading of requesting read receipt, I checked this box
    then under heading returning read receipts I marked always send a read receipt. That is all the boxes I have marked. Still does not work when I email to my friends. I can email myself and I will receive a read receipt. What am I doing wrong,

2. Augie65

Augie65

If they choose not to respond to the read receipt, they don't have to. Are you sure that your recipients are responding?

3. kanutter57

when i email myself, i dont receive anything that i have to respond to

4. Augie65

Augie65

On the Receipts tab> Returning Read Receipts> tick the radio button:
    Notify me for each read receipt request
    See if you are notified for read receipt when you send one to yourself.

5. kanutter57

that works, it brings up a box and you click yes or no, but i thought when i clicked, always send read receipt ,it would automatically send one back to me.

6. Augie65

Augie65

I think it is working. Like I said, if they choose to to respond, they don't have to. Also some email programs don't have this option.

7. kanutter57

also, i forgot to mention, when i send emails, the recipent states that that are an attachment, when the recipent trys to open they cannot open, there is not an attachment because i did not send one. what have i done ???????????????????????????????

8. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i send/recieve a ton of funstuff email and wouldn't consider requiring a reciept for every piece i send.

i've got a few friends that use the reciept thingy and i don't like it for email unless there's a big time reson for requiring the reciept, like sending a resume, business proposal, an inquiry about a purchase, wondering where the package is, etc.

9. kanutter57

i do a lot of emailing to our attorney and cpa, so i like to know how long it lays before it is opened

10. Augie65

Augie65

To be honest, I don't know unless the read receipt shows up as an attachment in their email program. I know that at one time AVG scanned email arrived to the email recipients with a blank attachment caused by the notice from AVG that the email was scanned before being sent. Maybe someone else knows.

11. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Most or all businesses I deal with automatically block read receipts, just as I do here.

The choice as to you getting a receipt when you have one requested is the recipients choice, not yours.

If their system blocks the read receipt response, there is nothing you can do about it your end.

12. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i don't see any attachment for the reciept, just a block to check, yes/no

13. Augie65

Augie65

I don't either, I just meant that maybe their ISP or email program may be displaying the empty attachment instead of the read receipt.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice