out look express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Richard Gordon

Hello all
I'm running win 98.
I Have ie version 6 useing outlook express
version 6.
When I use the computer every thing works.
When I leave it alone for a few hours
it freezes.
Can i reload ie with out loseing my address book?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank You

Richard, first I would disable power management settings in Control Panel and see if it cures the problem. If it does you can go back and try to alter the setting to something that doesn't make your PC hiccup.

- Castleheart:cool:

Might try upgrading to Win98 SE.
This issue was discussed in an old MS forum, but I can't seem to locate it...

Good luck.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Richard:

I agree.

If you have the original version of Windows 98(4.10.1998), upgrade to Windows 98SE(4.10.2222). (y)

If you are using the advanced power management options(i.e. standby, suspend, sleep, hibernate, etc.), turn them off. Your computer will run better and have less problems. (y) The steps for turning off the A.P.M. options are here.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online