1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Out Of Memory

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by radiatedbug, Aug 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. radiatedbug

radiatedbug Thread Starter

Well let me just get to the point, I am using a software to build cloudpoints for 3d Printing (that does not really matter). When I compile everything I got and wait for it to compile (15 mins) it then hits me with an error that says "Error: Out of memory". Now I am on a 64 bit OS and I have plenty of hard drive space left AND I do have 32 GB of Ram, and When I do check the task manager how much does this process use from my hardware, it uses like 0.5 gb of ram and none of my hardware really goes above 20% usage, yet it still gives me the error.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like an issue with the software you are using. Unfortunately you didn't mention it's name or version.

3. radiatedbug

radiatedbug Thread Starter

Well the software is called 3Dcrystal, Its made privately it is not an open software. And I do know what the exact issue is, I just need to know how to "allocate" more ram to a 32 bit software. That is the exact issue I am facing, I just need more ram for the software to use. I tried searching online but can not find anything regarding allocating more ram for the 32 bit software to use. I do have 32 GBs of ram fyi.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    A 32-bit application, or process, should be able to use up to 2GB of RAM, you are saying it's only using 0.5GB so it's not hitting an OS RAM limitation but likely an internal one.

You can try this program I just Googled as it claims to increasr the limit to 4GB but you need to backup the orginal program file: https://www.maketecheasier.com/increase-memory-limit-for-32-bit-applications-in-windows-64-bit-os/

But your best course of action to is to contact the developer of the software to obtain a fixed version of the program that doesn't have a memory issue, or to get a 64-bit version.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice