1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Out of Office reply not working

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dmurfitt, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dmurfitt

dmurfitt Thread Starter

Hi,

We are having trouble with our Out Of Office reply not working. If you set the assistant to "out of the office", and set a message, it won't reply internally or externally. This is a new server, running SBS 2003. Is there a setting that needs to be enabled on Exchange?

Thanks,

Dan

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Maybe you'll get better response in Business Applications. Want me to move your post?

3. dmurfitt

dmurfitt Thread Starter

Yes please

4. RandyG

RandyG

I do not know Exchange or SBS, but I do know that you need to install Outlook as Corporate workgroup in order for OOA to work with Exchange. you probably have the right install, but thought I'd include that.

Here's some links to help you check certain settings . . .

XADM: Out Of Office Message Is Not Sent After You Enable the Out Of Office Assistant
    XCON: How to Enable Out-of-Office Replies to the Internet
    XCCC: OWA May Disable External Out of Office Rules
    XCLN: Out of Office Rule Does Not Work If Prohibit Send Option Is Turned On
    XADM: Out-of-Office Message Is Not Sent When All Exchange 2000 Client Access Licenses Are Used

Good Luck!!;):D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice