1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Out of Sync?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Christoph, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

Sometimes when I go to play Mafia, while the computer is loading the game into the main menu a message box will come up, floating around the screen saying "Out of Sync", at which point I either have to restart, or press ctrl alt del and exit the game. Is this a problem with the game, or video card? As far as I know, this only happens with Mafia.

2. sleekluxury

sleekluxury

3. Maggz

Maggz

Just to enlighten Sync is a server side thing. It happens when you 'sync' up with the server or whoever you are playing with losing sync causes lag or worse DEATH! erm i mean losing connection.

4. McTimson

McTimson

Except Mafia is a single player game....

That 'sync' error usually happens when the software tries to force a resolution or refresh rate that the monitor can't handle, so it shows that message, and then it should go back to a resolution that works... try the patch that sleekluxury posted, and if that doesn't work, try lowering the graphics resolution in the game before you play.

5. Christoph

Christoph Thread Starter

Cool, thanks:)

6. Maggz

Maggz

Wow.. thats just wierd! Ive never heard of a 1player game running out of sync. h well first time for everything

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!