1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlaw1

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Outlaw1, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Outlaw1

Outlaw1 Thread Starter

what does MarkFun_NT mean in an error message

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

How about the total content of the error message. Also, what version/patch level of Windows are you running, and what application are you running when you get the error?

I'll move this to a more appropriate forum.

3. Outlaw1

Outlaw1 Thread Starter

after booting up I get the message "error MarkFun_NT failed to initialize OK.
    I am running Windows XP PRO with service pack 2. Once I click on Ok there appears to be no functional problem so far. I have recently upgraded my computer from a standard pentium 4 , 2.6G to a pentium D 3.2G

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What application did you install, or what other change happened just before this started happening? That's usually a sign.

Have you checked the Event Log for any messages that might offer a clue?

5. sockey99

sockey99

Google says it's a driver formaybe a mouse or modem and associated with a Gigabyte Utility Manager. Do you have or get a new Gigabyte M/B?

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

7. Outlaw1

Outlaw1 Thread Starter

I installed a new gigabyte M/B
    I installed Easyprint and MP Navigator then I started getting this message. Also from that pt. on I could only use thunderbird with no extensions whereas prior I could use Thunderbird with extensions
    Thanks Outlaw1

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice