1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outllok 2000 default pst file?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Theben, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Theben

Theben Thread Starter

There is a problem with one of the Users on my machine (a weird, unfathomable problem, posted elsewhere).

If i copy the User (Control Panel>Users>copy) the problem goes with it.
    If i create a new User, there is no problem.
    So i want to do this...

BUT

This New User's 'Outlook Today' pst folder is always mine, (my emails, calender, etc,) not theirs.

-How can i dictate which pst file a new windows User uses?

I've tried copying their pst file into Windows>Profiles>'New User'>Local Settings>Microsoft>Outlook but no luck.

Thanks, all help appreciated!:p

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Why not point them at a new one? The following was copied from a site I refer to from time to time.

You can't rename or move a Personal Folders .pst file while Microsoft Outlook or Exchange/Windows Messaging is running or through the properties for the PST file in either Tools | Services or Outlook Today.

Find the current location of the PST by looking at the properties for Personal Folders in Tools | Services or for, Outlook 98/2000 in Internet Mail Only mode, in the properties for Outlook Today. Then, follow these steps:

Use File | Exit (Exit and Log Off in Outlook 97 or Outlook 98/2000 in Corporate/Workgroup mode) to quit Outlook.

Move the file to the new location. (You can also use this technique to rename the file.)

Restart Outlook. When you're prompted for the location of the now-missing PST file, point to the file in its new location.

This technique also works for moving or renaming a Personal Address Book .pab file.

3. Theben

Theben Thread Starter

Finally got it figured now. phew!
    Thanks plenty mate.

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You could have done it by logging on as the new user and copying the file.....I think.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!