1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outllok - filtering only members of a DL that do not reply

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by K4est, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K4est

K4est Thread Starter

Scenario - say I have 100 members in a distribution list. Is there an easy way in Outlook 2010 to filter and know which members of that DL who did NOT send a reply? In this case, each recipient is a telcomm device. My group email contains text commands and audio files. Each device, upon successfully receiving my DL email, sends a status reply letting me know it got the message.

One option I've considered is to export the inbox folder containing all those reply status emails to an Excel file. Then, import that worksheet into a master list and eyeball down the rows comparing the two to identify who did not send a reply / missing. This seems pretty tedious. It will be worse as the number of recipients (devices) in my DL grows.

So, in a nutshell. All I want to know is who within my DL did NOT reply. This will tell me which clients did not receive the group email and may be offline.

Thanks for any input.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice