1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outllook 2000 emails won't import into 2003

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by libbyinabq, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libbyinabq

libbyinabq Guest Thread Starter

I can export and import contacts--no problem, but the messages just have a sender name, title and first line. The content of the email message is lost. This is from Outlook 2000 -- full office version-- to 2003 full office on new Toshiba laptop. I would also like to back up these emails--but looks like the backups would be worthless.

I have tried .csv for dos and windows, excel, pst, tab separated values--nothing works. The import process works--but no message content appears.

What is the trick? it doesn't ask for id, password, etc. I didn't find anything on Microsoft's site.

I didn't try archive--I think that asks for an id # and I don't know how to install that. I have a huge inbox with about 30 folders, including sub-folders. I guess I could try to export a piece at a time? I am a home user, XP pro to XP media edition. Plenty of space, etc. Exporting always worked before....

Any help would be appreciated. I have puzzled over this for several months.

Libby

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi libbyinabq

Instead of Importing, just copy the Personal Folders (.pst file) to the other computer and open it with Outlook 2003.
    File > Open > Outlook Data File

Let us know if that works for you or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/439609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice