1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outllook problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by chubbyone, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

Hello guys and gals, I have not posted in a while but I have a problem with outlook that I hope some of you guru's can help me with. I can't send or recieve email. Error code 0x800cc15. Started Friday and I have not been at the computer again till now. I googled and did not come up with anything. Thanks in advance.

Chub:

2. Olemann

Olemann

Sounds like some "internet security" software that has changed some settings. If you recently installed one of these programs that claims to give you total security, try to uninstall it. :)

3. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

Thanks for responding Olemann but no new security. Used PC-cillin since new. Thanks,

Chub

4. Olemann

Olemann

Oki, if you know the date and time this problem started, and you are using XP or Vista, try System Restore, to a date and time close to when yor problem started. ;-)

5. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

Tried that. Now I can"t get outlook to Connect. I tried RegCure and that did not fix it but it did make my computer much faster. Thanks again Olemann.

Chub

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Did you verify the account's connection settings?
    Can you access the account via the web?

7. new tech guy

new tech guy

Oh and 3rdly, dont use a reg cleaner, does not speed up anything. If you search here you will see how this "cleaning" is only more trouble then its worth.

8. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

Well guys and gals I still have no email. It is not connecting. DoubleHelix how do I check my connection setting. I went to tools, options, and connetion and I don't know what I'm looking at (computer illerate). I have read good and bad on regristy cleaners but I thought I would give it a try. It has made my computer faster. I don't know at what expense but so far so good. Thanks for the response. I will keep checking in for more ideals while I play with it myself. thanks again.

Chub

Not only computer stupid, Can not spell. (computer illerate)

9. Pareto Rep

Pareto Rep

Hello Chub

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are experiencing with your computer.

The problem you are experiencing needs to be looked at in greater detail. We are going to ask that you send Paretologic an email to [email protected] with the RegCure log files attached. Hopefully you are able to access your email account online as opposed to via Outlook.

Please navigate to the location where RegCure is installed and open the 'Logs' folder in the RegCure program files.

C:\Program Files\RegCure\Logs\

If you are having trouble locating the 'Logs' folder please follow these steps:

1) Locate the RegCure icon on your Desktop or in the Start Menu.
    2) Please right-Click the RegCure icon and select 'Properties' in the menu that appears.
    3) Now under the 'Shortcut' tab please click on the 'Find Target…' button to open the folder containing the RegCure program files and the 'Logs' folder.
    4) The "Logs" folder will include a number of files that are in ZIP format and named to correspond with the date of each scan (Ex: Regcure-18-06-07-09-57-57.zip).
    5) Please attach the zipped RegCure log file to an email, once the log file is attached please send it to us.

***If you are still unable to access your email, I would like to suggest that you upload your log file to our online support desk.

First, please register for online support:

To register for support, please do the following:

1. Go to www.ParetoLogic.com
    2. Click on the 'Support' tab
    3. Click on 'Register for Support'
    4. Fill in your General Details and click 'Register'

If you have lost your password, you can look it up via your email address on the Support site.

If you are having trouble attaching files via email, we would like to ask you to try logging into the support site to upload the files you are attempting to send us.

1. Go the support site here http://support.paretologic.com/?group=default
    2. To log into the support site first enter the email into the field on the left-hand side.
    3. Next enter the password into the appropriate field below.
    ** The password should have been emailed to you when you first sent in your initial inquiry along with a ticket id for tracking proposes.
    ** Please be advised that the password field is case sensitive.
    4. Click on the My Questions link which will allow you to open your ticket history.
    5. Click on the Post Reply button
    6. Click on the Browse button
    ** Please navigate to the location of the file you are attempting to send us
    7. Once the desired file is located please select the file and press the Open button
    8. Click on the Submit button below to send us the file you are attempting to send

Could you also please send us a screen capture of any error message that you are receiving?

Here is how to do it:

1. Press the "PrtScn" key on your keyboard (it should be just next to the F12 key).
    ** After pressing the "PrtScn" key you will not receive a prompt or notification that anything has occurred.
    2. Then open Microsoft Word, or Paint (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Paint)
    3. Click the Edit menu and choose Paste.
    4. Save the document and email it to us please.

May we also ask you to answer a few questions, so that we may assist you with resolving the issue?

Which Windows Operating System are you currently using?

Is it a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Operating System?

Do you have all the current windows updates installed?

Are you running active and up to date Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus programs?

Are you using remote access?

Have you made any serious hardware changes to your computer?

Do you have a router on your computer for either a firewall or allowing multiple computers to the internet?

If so do you have a wireless or wired router?

Are you using high speed or dial up internet?

Is your computer a desktop or laptop computer?

These files will help to give us a better view of your computer and may help our technical team to determine the cause of the problem you are currently experiencing.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards
    Laura
    Paretologic Liaison

10. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

Paretologic Liaison, Laura. I found the files you want but when I went to RegCure support to get the password, its wants to send it to me by email that I cannot check because outlook will not connect. No password no support. Thanks and still looking for help.

Chub

11. Pareto Rep

Pareto Rep

Hello Chub

I'm sorry to hear that.

Do you have access to any web-based email such as hotmail, gmail or yahoo? Those will allow you to access your email account online and will bypass the Outlook issue for the moment until we can get a log file and screenshots from you.

If you are able to sign up for one of those - please send an email from the new account to my email address [email protected] containing:

1) Your regular email address
    2) Your newly created web-based email address
    3) Your order # or license key for RegCure

We will go from there and do our utmost to assist you.

Kindest Regards
    Laura
    Paretologic Liaison

12. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

Thanks Laura. I will try to set up G-mail and send email.

Chub

13. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

Thanks Laura, I will try to set up G-mail.

Chub

14. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

G-mail sent with attached file. Maybe it worked. Thanks Laura.

Chub

15. chubbyone

chubbyone Thread Starter

Laura, The G-mail with the attachment was sent back and said rejected by recipient domain. Whats up with that.

Chub

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice