1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 07 Contacts in personal Folders missing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Zorank, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorank

Zorank Thread Starter

Originally in the navigation pane of my Outlook 2007 Contacts I had 2 types of contacts folders, one named "Contacts" and the other named "Contacts in Personal Folders". I entered some different contact information into each of theses. Suddenly without me noticing that I did anything in settings or otherwise I lost the "Contacts in Personal Folders" from my navigation pane and when I look through only remaining- "Contacts" folder on navigation pane I have all contacts I enterred into the "Contacts" file but I do not have any of the information -contacts _ I entered into "Contacts in Personal Folders" folder in navigation pane that vanished. Also when I was saving I noticed that when I clicked on "Contacts in personal folders" in navigation pane the box to enter info (Business cards view) had on the bottom of it a box checked saying in "in personal folders". and the info box of the group under folder named "Contact" only screens (that is now the only one visible) did not have that check-box. Now I lost -at least cannot find ton of information _contacts_ I entered into that list (Contacts in personal folders) I do not understand why it dissapeared, also not clear what is the difference between the two "contact" folder types I always accessed any contacts by clicking the appropriate folder in the navigation pane and do not know how to access n other way if possible.the information originally entered into files whose group I opened by clicking on now missing navigation pane button-folder called "Contacts in Personal folders. I do know that most of the info does not vanish from the computer but without this navigation pane folder I do not know how to access the info I entered into boxes grouped under that folder. I also backed up most info before it happened but after I imported files to restore contacts I still do not see any of the info entered into "contacts in personal folders" that is still missing. I backed up to en external drive, is it possible to search there but what should I search for?? I do not understand the difference and saving location between the files that one created under theses two confusing similar names in the navigation pane. Please help as I have important information stored there now missing. Thanks you so much for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice