1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000/2003 upgrade question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cvoptimus, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cvoptimus

cvoptimus Thread Starter

I'm hoping someone with long term experience with Outlook can help me answer a question about a web scripting feature that was apparently accessible through Outlook 2000.

I have a part time job in a small bookstore, and to help a coworker fix a problem with his e-mails in a corrupted Outlook 2000 installation, I used an Office 2003 Standard disc licensed to the store to upgrade his Outlook and this quickly fixed his e-mail problem.

However, later he came to me and described a feature within Outlook 2000 that was apparently missing in the upgrade. In Outlook 2000 he was able to select under "Favorites"
    a website announcing sales and events at the bookstore and by entering a password access a simple web scripting program from within Outlook that allowed him to make changes to this website.

The "Favorites" toolbar no longer appears in Outlook 2003.

Since I have never used Outlook, I only had a vague idea of what he was describing and no idea how to recommend a solution.

Is anyone familiar with this feature? Can you tell me if it still exists within Outlook 2003 and how to find it or has that function been assigned to another program entirely?

Please let me know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/615229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice