1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 - addressing email

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bratpak3, Aug 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bratpak3

bratpak3 Thread Starter

I use Outlook 2000 for email. I click the button to send a new message, then click the "To" button to address it, and a box called "Select Names" pops up. There is a drop down menu listing all of my contact lists from which I can choose a person to send a message to. What I want to do is change the order of the contact lists in this drop down menu, so I can put the list I use most in the first position instead of having to always choose it from the drop down menu. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!:confused:

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I suppose you could edit their view names to be:

1-Smith, John
    2-Brady, Mike
    3-Dreamboat

etc.

But, you can just start typing that person's name and, after a few letters, hit ctrl-k to bring up all the people who have that string of letters in their name.

3. bratpak3

bratpak3 Thread Starter

Actually, what I was referring to is the order of the contact lists themselves, not the contacts in the lists. For example, I have one list called "Contacts", another called "Lenders", another called "Brokers", another called "Construction Contacts" and so on. I want to change the order of them. As it is, the one called Contacts is on the top of the list. Let's say I want the list called Brokers to be at the top of the lists. How do I do that?

:confused:

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Why aren't you making distribution lists for the lenders and brokers? That's what is intended.

Anyway, no, I don't think you can. I'm unable to change the name of my contacts folder, so I don't think you'll get anything to appear above that. As for the others, renaming the folders as I've described renaming the people should work--with Contacts at the top.

5. Melissa

Melissa

As far as changing the order of all the items in your list, I am not sure if that is possible or how to do that. You can choose which one you would like to appear first in the list. You can do it like this:
    -Open Outlook
    -On the Tools menu, choose Services
    -Then go to the Addressing Tab
    -In the "Show this address list first" drop down box, select which address list you want to appear first in the list.

Hope this helps some....

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    That will work only if you have the CWO version installed, not IMO (no Services menu option--just accounts).

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/51543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice