Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2000 - addressing email

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Anne Troy 
#1 ·
I use Outlook 2000 for email. I click the button to send a new message, then click the "To" button to address it, and a box called "Select Names" pops up. There is a drop down menu listing all of my contact lists from which I can choose a person to send a message to. What I want to do is change the order of the contact lists in this drop down menu, so I can put the list I use most in the first position instead of having to always choose it from the drop down menu. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!:confused:

#3 ·
Actually, what I was referring to is the order of the contact lists themselves, not the contacts in the lists. For example, I have one list called "Contacts", another called "Lenders", another called "Brokers", another called "Construction Contacts" and so on. I want to change the order of them. As it is, the one called Contacts is on the top of the list. Let's say I want the list called Brokers to be at the top of the lists. How do I do that?

:confused:

#4 ·
Why aren't you making distribution lists for the lenders and brokers? That's what is intended.

Anyway, no, I don't think you can. I'm unable to change the name of my contacts folder, so I don't think you'll get anything to appear above that. As for the others, renaming the folders as I've described renaming the people should work--with Contacts at the top.

#5 ·
As far as changing the order of all the items in your list, I am not sure if that is possible or how to do that. You can choose which one you would like to appear first in the list. You can do it like this:
-Open Outlook
-On the Tools menu, choose Services
-Then go to the Addressing Tab
-In the "Show this address list first" drop down box, select which address list you want to appear first in the list.

Hope this helps some....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.