Outlook 2000 and attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theolddog

I have recently switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. In OE when I added an attachment it was placed in its own separate header at the top of the email. In Outlook, I can't get it to do that. It insists on placing the attachment in the body of the email. There must be a way but it is defying me.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Thanks

theolddog

Hi...

As Bob said change the "Message Format" from the default "Microsoft Outlook Riched Text" to either "Plain Text" or "HTML". This will put the attachment in a section on the bottom of the e-mail.

1) In Outlook => Click on "Tools"
2) Select "Options" from menu
3) Click on "Mail Format" tab
4) In "Message Format" section, using the drop down, change "Send in this message format" to either 'Plain Text" or "HTML"

HTH

theolddog

Okay, problem solved, that seemed to work. I thought I tried that before and it didn't work or I couldn't use Word as my editor but everthing seems to working okay.

Thanks a lot

theolddog

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online