Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2000 and more than one email account

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Bob Cerelli 
#1 ·
My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi, wheatman. If you want all emails to be sent out from one acct only, just make that one the default acct: Tools > Email Accts > View or Change Existing, then just "Default" the one account.

If she wants to be able to switch between the two, it's not as easy (but still not taxing). Because she has two accts set up already (I'm assuming), there should be an "Accts" button appearing when she replies or sends a new message. Then she selects which acct to send from each time; actually, it should default to the default acct, so make the less used acct the non-default acct.

Let me know if I need to clarify.

#3 ·
Thanks Sle, but I messed up. She is actually using Outlook 98, that's why I'm having the problem. I use Express 6 myself, where it's exaxtly like you said, just default one account. But in 98, it's different. Call me dumb, but I can not figure it out. Thanks.

#5 ·
We can add all the accounts we want now, it's just I can't figure out how to set one over the other as the default account to mail from. She has two accounts now which she is recieving in to, but when she goes to outgoing mail it attaches the account she doesen't want it too. I just thought there had to be an easy way to name one of the accounts as a default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.