1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 and more than one email account

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wheatman, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wheatman

wheatman Thread Starter

My wife is using Outlook 98 for the first time and has two email accounts set up. How do you get one email account to default over the other on outgoing emails? Thanks.

2. Sponsor

3. sle

sle

Hi, wheatman. If you want all emails to be sent out from one acct only, just make that one the default acct: Tools > Email Accts > View or Change Existing, then just "Default" the one account.

If she wants to be able to switch between the two, it's not as easy (but still not taxing). Because she has two accts set up already (I'm assuming), there should be an "Accts" button appearing when she replies or sends a new message. Then she selects which acct to send from each time; actually, it should default to the default acct, so make the less used acct the non-default acct.

Let me know if I need to clarify.

4. wheatman

wheatman Thread Starter

Thanks Sle, but I messed up. She is actually using Outlook 98, that's why I'm having the problem. I use Express 6 myself, where it's exaxtly like you said, just default one account. But in 98, it's different. Call me dumb, but I can not figure it out. Thanks.

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

If you still have the source files for Outlook98, you might try reconfiguring it to use the Corporate setup. Then you can add all the accounts or profiles you want.

6. wheatman

wheatman Thread Starter

We can add all the accounts we want now, it's just I can't figure out how to set one over the other as the default account to mail from. She has two accounts now which she is recieving in to, but when she goes to outgoing mail it attaches the account she doesen't want it too. I just thought there had to be an easy way to name one of the accounts as a default.

7. sle

sle

8. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Not with Outlook98 it doesn't work quite that way.

Just installed Outlook98 with the Internet configuration. What happens if you go to:

Tools
    Accounts
    Highlight the one you want
    Click on the Set as Default button

9. sle

sle

Gotcha. (y) Glad you're on it.

10. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

When you are ready to send the Email, if instead of just clicking on the SEND button you click on the smaller button by thre side of it, it then lets you choose which account to send from. Or you can use FILE/SEND FROM.

11. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Or just set the default e-mail account you want to use with Outlook98 and you don't have to do any special every time.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/355028