Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:(

660 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Adw3537 
#1 ·
Ughh...

I have a client who has Outlook 2000 installed on their server (MS Server Standard). I'm in the process of adding email automation to an Access database using Outlook. While setting up Outlook (it had never been configured before), I used account settings for a Cox account. While testing, I discovered that I would not be able to use that account (failed to logon to the smtp server- the client doesn't have an account so it access denied to the mail server). From there, I deleted the Cox email account settings and added a gmail account instead. All settings have been configured- pop and smtp servers, authentication, etc., however when I attempt to send/receive, Outlook continues to use the Cox server settings??!?

Again, the Cox server settings do not exist in the current email account I have set up. I've tried to add and delete the gmail account several times, along with trying to reset Outlook to a first run setting, but alas, nothing has worked. Any ideas, or does Outlook use an ini file somewhere that may contain the old account settings? (I've looked at the account file under users, but those settings- for gmail- are correct.

Thanks for any suggestions:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.