1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 attempts to send/receive emails using a deleted account's settings??!?:(

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Adw3537, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adw3537

Adw3537 Thread Starter

Ughh...

I have a client who has Outlook 2000 installed on their server (MS Server Standard). I'm in the process of adding email automation to an Access database using Outlook. While setting up Outlook (it had never been configured before), I used account settings for a Cox account. While testing, I discovered that I would not be able to use that account (failed to logon to the smtp server- the client doesn't have an account so it access denied to the mail server). From there, I deleted the Cox email account settings and added a gmail account instead. All settings have been configured- pop and smtp servers, authentication, etc., however when I attempt to send/receive, Outlook continues to use the Cox server settings??!?

Again, the Cox server settings do not exist in the current email account I have set up. I've tried to add and delete the gmail account several times, along with trying to reset Outlook to a first run setting, but alas, nothing has worked. Any ideas, or does Outlook use an ini file somewhere that may contain the old account settings? (I've looked at the account file under users, but those settings- for gmail- are correct.

Thanks for any suggestions:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099275

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice