Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2000 - automatically send email using specific account based on contact used.

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Anne Troy 
#1 ·
Situation:

I have a domain, let's call it mydomain.com, and a whole bunch of domain email aliases (eg: jim@mydomain.com, mike@mydomain.com, etc) that all forward to my ISP pop3 email address account (default account).

I currently have rules setup so that emails sent to certain aliases at mydomain.com (which all come into my IPS email account) go to their associated folders setup in Outlook 2000, eg: jim@mydomain.com goes to the "Jim" folder, mike@mydomain.com goes to the "Mike" folder, etc, etc.

I also have a LAN email account setup in this copy of Outlook 2000 (although it's not set as my default). Emails on my LAN account use a virtual domain name to send within the network, let's call it mylanaccount.com.

Rather than have the emails go to folders on my computer, I'd rather they be forwarded on to the relevant address on our LAN, eg: emails that came in from jim@mydomain.com would be forwarded to jim@mylanccount.com.

Of course because mylanaccount.com is a virtual domain that doesn't exist in the big wide internet, these emails need to be forwarded on using the LAN account, not my default ISP pop3 email account.

Queries

1) Ideally, I'd like to setup a rule with something like:

Check messages when they arrive.

Sent to people or distribution list.

"Forward it to people or distribution list using the specified account"

Of course this last option does not exist. You can only choose to "Forward it to people or distribution list". There's no option to specify the account.

1a) Are there any add-ons for Outlook that let you do this?

1b) Does this rule exist in later versions of Outlook?

...otherwise...

2) Using Outlook2000, is it possible to make it so that specific contacts have a specific account used when sending emails to them?

2a) If not, are there any add-ons that can do this?

2b) Is this possible in newer versions of Outlook?

I've looked around but the closest relevant thread I could find was this one: t337357 ---link had to be removed, sorry---

Any help is very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Anne, thanks for that! I looked into an Exchange service and ran the idea past our the bosses who, unfortunately, don't want to do this (don't ask - it's a long, tight, story). Are there any other mail clients, or otherwise, add-ons for Outlook that can do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.