1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 can't send/receive

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by CoStar, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoStar

CoStar Thread Starter

Hi,
    this is my first post and I hope someone is kind enough to help me out with this problem.

How it happened: I had two 'Personal Folders' showing in Outlook and wanted to get rid of one (they were mirror images of each other). After consulting http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278940&Product=out2K
    I went to the Registry as suggested at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\username\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings
    and searched for an "001e6700" entry. The suggestion was to remove one of them.

I must have misunderstood this, because after removing one of the subfolders from the above Registry folder (one of two that contained the "001e6700" entry, I could no longer send/receive e-mail with Outlook. Next I tried to re-instate the registry folder from the backup I made, but discovered that I had made an error and backed up the wrong entry. Now I don't know the folder that I removed. It was identical to 98b0f558f8ada84bb3700943efd424dd, except for the last entry under 01023d0c, which contained a different string of binaries.

I have since tried repair, re-install and remove/install but none have re-created the missing entry.

I have switched to Outlook Express in the meantime, but would much prefer to use Outlook (with Nelson Email Organizer). If someone could help, I would be most grateful.

2. EvileYe

EvileYe

What OS are you using ?
    If you are using XP or ME can you use system restore to go back to before your reg edit ?

3. CoStar

CoStar Thread Starter

I'm using Windows 2000

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168717

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice