Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OUTLOOK 2000 - Contacts / Email gone missing

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Huski 
#1 ·
HELP

I switched on my computer and left it running all day, only to get on in the evening to open up Outlook 2000 and be asked the question to either create a pst file or use an existing one. I run Windows XP Pro SP1 at home, so no exchange server. I tried to open up my personal folder pst file and it was corrupt so I used a tool I found on the internet to repair the pst file which it seemed to do (don't know the name of the program). Anyway, when I got into it, there were no emails at all in my inbox and deleted items folder which the day before had loads of emails, my shortcut folders were still there but with nothing in them, and funny enough, all my sent items were still ok. Also gone were my contacts. I looked at all the pst files in the outlook folder of the Application Data of my user profile under local settings and notice that the personal folder was only around 75Kb when it should be at least in the few hundered mb I would have thought.

Also, if I choose my personal folder which I assume is the one that had all my lost data, the next time I turn the computer on, I get asked the same question again - create new or select an existing pst.

Any ideas? I really need to recover the lost emails and silly me has forgotten to backup.

Huski

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.