Outlook 2000 contacts subfolders not visible?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

downwitchyobadself

Hi kids. Ever since I upgraded to Win2k, my Outlook 2k won't show my contacts subfolders in that To/CC/BCC window. Which also means that it can't validate a contact's name when I just type it into the To/CC/BCC lines if that contact happens to be in a subfolder.

I do not like this. And I couldn't punch that magic MS KB set of buttons to get a reply (if indeed there is one out there) as to what might be going on.

May be a worthwhile side note that my Win2k is in French, and my MS Office is in English, and yet this To/CC/BCC window actually opens with French captions... Strange...

Any help would be very helpful.

Anne Troy

Anne
Hi, down. I'm not at work but will be on Monday in case we can't find it today.

Go to Tools-Services (I assume you're on an exchange server). Click the Addressing tab. Isn't it in there where you can tell it what you want to see or use "as outlook address book" or something?

Perhaps just right-click and "add this folder as..."?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q197/5/77.ASP

downwitchyobadself

Dreamy, you are as always the (wo)man. But, actually, no, this is my home machine. So, y'know, just the slow ol' modem. No exchange server, no corp. workgroup.

I'll be waiting with bated breath...

What do you see listed in the dropdown box to the right of "Show names from the:"?

Try this...
In Outlook, right-click Contact folder and choose Properties. On the Outlook Address Book tab check the box "Show this folder as an e-mail address book."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online