Outlook 2000 Contacts to Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SusanS

Hi,
Does anybody know how or if it's possible to get my contacts from Outlook 2000 on my PC to Outlook 2003 on my laptop? I can't seem to figure it out.
Thanks,
Susan

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi SusanS

Did you copy the .pst file from Outlook 2000 to the laptop?

Open the .pst file into your Profile in Outlook 2003,
File > Open > Outlook Data File
and copy the Contacts from the old .pst Contacts folder into your current Contacts folder.

Let us know what you have tried.

SusanS

Hi,
Nothing happens when I do that. I copied the PST file, but I can't seem to get it into Outlook 2003. I don't even get an error message or anything, but nothing happens. Should they just appear in contacts or do I have to do something else?
Thanks again,
Susan

At the menu bar - Go / Folder list
You should see an new "Personal Folders".
Click on the +
Move to the Contacts
Highlight all the contacts
Copy to your current contacts

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
SusanS said:
Hi,
Nothing happens when I do that. I copied the PST file, but I can't seem to get it into Outlook 2003. I don't even get an error message or anything, but nothing happens. Should they just appear in contacts or do I have to do something else?
Thanks again,
Susan
First verify the .pst file is not marked Read-only.

Did you open the .pst file into your Profile in Outlook 2003?
File > Open > Outlook Data File
Browse to and select the .pst file.

Do you see the new Personal Folder in Outlook 2003 after opening it using:
File > Open > Outlook Data File?

This link also gives the steps:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052432211033.aspx

Bob Cerelli makes a good point about the Folder list, some views remove the Calendar, Contacts, Journal, Notes and Tasks folders.
Clicking the Folder List will show all the folders in the Personal Folders.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online