[Outlook 2000] Default directory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DanielK

When I save an attachment from an email Outlook automatically starts in the "My Documents" folder. Is there some way to change this so that it starts in the folder of my choice?

I'm on Win2000.

Thanks,
Daniel Klein

Daniel, if you are still subscribed to this thread, I have just stumbled over a workaround.

Right-click your My Documents folder on your desktop and select Properties. Change the Target location to the folder you want, and from then on, your Default Save As location will be that folder, even though the Save As window will show it as being the My Documents folder. It does not change the name of the folder you are pointing to, just substitutes that location for the default one.

This works on XP and Win98, so should work on everything.

Give it a try.

It does work for the Save As as well as the Insert Attachment

Ok...maybe I'm stupid...but I right clicked My Documents in XP. Went to properties...there is not "Target" field. No place to change the path.

What now?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online