1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 default file save location

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Melissa, Nov 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa

Melissa Thread Starter

In Word, Excel, and PowerPoint I have the default file open and save locations pointing to a folder on the network. Whenever I choose to save an attachment in Outlook it defaults the My Documents folder. When I choose to open the attachment from within Outlook, whatever application (Word, Excel) the file opens in, when I click on Save As it defaults to a temp directory. Is there a way to change those default file location settings? Is this a setting in Outlook that I am missing, or is it built within the program? Any clues would be helpful.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    No, you cannot change it. You CAN, however, change the location of the save as when you click on the attachment icon, and hit File-Save attachment, but it requires a registry edit.

3. Melissa

Melissa Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I was looking more into it and that is about as much information as I found too. I changed all my Office file locations back to default and tried a registry edit. The registry fix worked for the other Office Apps, but still not stubborn Outlook.
    Thanks Again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice