Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2000 doesn't complete receiving email

864 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  jerryrm 
#1 ·
I had a freeze up on my Outlook 2000. After using the Inbox Repair Tool, I was able to save everything. I then archived and compacted the .pst file to reduce it by about 25%.

I then tried to get my mail and it started the process, showing how many were on the server and the countdown. Also, the animated mail icon in the bottom tray showed mail coming in.

However, when it finished, it gave a error message that said the mail couldn't be retrieved from the server. It was a download error.

Thinking Norton System Works might have something to do with it, I uninstalled it. Didn't help. I uninstalled Outlook and did a registry clean and reinstalled. Didn't help.

Here is the REALLY INTERESTING part. I installed Outlook Express, and it downloaed the mail. I then went to my wife's user and configured Outlook 2000 and it downloaded mail. I went bact to my user and it still didn't work.

All my business stuff is on my Outlook 2000--email and contacts with extensive notes.

What do you think went wrong and what to do to fix it?

Thank You,

Jerry

See less See more
#2 ·
When you uninstall and reinstall Office, typically your profile is still there. You might try deleteing it and recreating it again. This is due to the mention that your wife's user account works fine. This seems to indicate that Outlook itself is oik.

I also prefer setting up Outlook with the Corporate configuration. Problems like this can be a bit easier to solve that way.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response.

I discovered this AM that when I go to properties for the personal folder in Outlook it has the box for receiving mail checked, but greyed out so it isn't allowing the mail in. I can't figure out how to "un-grey" the box to make it active. Any ideas? Thanks.

#5 ·
Thanks, again.

Yes, I did a new personal folder file and imported from the other. It allowed me to click on the box for mail to go to it; however, it then switched after closing and opening the program to the previous one again. This is really crazy. Ideas?

#7 ·
For some reason my version of Outlook 2000 doesn't have profiles. I go to Control Panel and double click the mail icon and get the account screen as if I went to Outlook, tools, accounts, properties. I don't know where else to look for the profile. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.