Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2000 email addresses

7K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  myshko1 
#1 ·
I have done quite a few office 2000 business addition installations, but this one has me stumped. For some reason even after email addresses have been put in to the TO or CC fields and sent, when starting to retype those same names they are not auto populating. Any ideas?

#2 ·
My first thought is the Outlook.nk2 file. If it doesn't exist, i don't know if it will recreate itself or not. I do know that this is the file where outlook saves the auto complete addresses, and the path to the file should be:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

But, before messing with that i would look through the outlook email options. In outlook 2003 go to tools, options .... on the preferences tab click "email options", in the email options window click "advanced email options", and then there is the option to "suggest names while completing To, CC and BCC fields" . So you'll want to find the similar option in outlook 2000. if this option is turned off, turning it on may force the creation of the outlook.nk2 file. if not you should be able to create it yourself or copy it from another system or user profile. hope that helps, as i don't have a system running outlook 2000 available to test it on.

#3 ·
I had already tested both of your suggestions. In outlook 2000, there actually isn't an option like in 2003 for "suggest names while completing To, CC and BCC fields". I was very surprised not to see it. Also I looked to see if the outlook.nk2 file was in that directory, and it wasn't there either. I tried adding the file from another computer and that didn't help. At that point I figured it was a corrupt installation. I got off easy with this problem when that department decided to buy a new computer for that individual... Problem solved he now has office 2003.

Once again thanks for your suggestions.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.