Outlook 2000 email not sending

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dapper

When email sent, it goes to Send box, Outlook registers delivery complete, then I get a McAfee VirusScan message indicating that email could not be sent , 530.5.7.0 Authentification required. It indicates to contact online help for email program for more info on the error, or email provider if problem persists.

Has been going on all week. I run a second computer on the same line, same email account, using Outlook 2007, and its working fine. Suggests it isnt an issue with my provider.

Any ideas? Is this an outlook problem, a McAfee problem, a worm or virus? And most importantly, how do I fix it?

leroys1000

Banned
Check the account settings in outlook and make sure the "my account requires
authentication box is checked.
For some severs,use secure password authentication may need to be selected.
Check the email account settings on both systems the verify the are
the same.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online