Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2000 Email

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  sockmonkey 
#1 ·
I am having trouble viewing some emails in outlook that i receive from my yahoo (through pop). For example, if someone who uses yahoo sends me a message, i can read it just fine if i log onto Yahoo directly. When outlook checks my mail and downloads the email into the outlook inbox, all i can see through outlook is who the email is from and the date and time it was received. Outlook somehow hides/deletes the subject and the body text...so i can't read anything. I assume this has something to do with email type because not all emails are destroyed...but no yahoo email ever comes through POP and very often i have the same problem with AOL mail. Many emails do come through just fine so i know the POP is somewhat working and like i said, i can read all of the emails if i log directly onto yahoo mail. Does anyone have any idea how i can configure outlook to allow me to see all my emails??

I very much appreciate any help.

Casey
Edited to remove email address.

#2 ·
I am getting sort of the same problem.
all of a sudden, my Outlook 2000 stopped putting To: From:, and message bodies on just some of my incoming mail.

i have a work around for the body text, so you can at least read it.
open the e-mail and select EDIT+SELECT ALL then go to VIEW+ENCODING and change to something different. (this works on mine)

let me know if this work around works for you.

as far as fixing problem, I am still trouble shooting.
Will try to reload XP on top of existing load (not clean install)
to see if maybe it will replace a bad/corrupted font or something.

I've tried reinstalling Office.:down:

#6 ·
At the moment I don't know why there's no text in the From: and To: lines, but the subject: line, is usually because the sender didn't enter anything for the subject when they sent out the e-mail. I know there are tricks out there where you can change the From: line to read something different other than the actual e-mail from the user. Perhaps that's what happen, that person decided to show a blank. Or maybe my thoughts are wrong, and there's is a problem. The best thing to do is to determine if there is a problem, have that person send another e-mail--you might want to ask what changes that person made if any on the e-mail.

#7 ·
done all that. :(

these are e-mails from the likes of amazon, charter communications, yahoo and a friend of mine.
(the freind wouldn't know how to alter this info.)

very puzzling!

#10 ·
unfortunately i already have service pac3 installed (and completely up to date with all fixes).
but i am (as soon as i get some time) going to totally uninstall office 2k and reinstall with fresh service packs.

hopefully that will correct problem.

for the input.
i will try to post the results when i have some.:)

#11 ·
an update to this thread.

could never solve/fix the problem, so i just installed Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox e-mail and browser apps.

couldn't be happier. these progs are so much better than IE and Outlook. i have not had any probs with either prog.

tabbed browsing in Firefox (formerlly Firebird). it's skinable also.

i would compare Thunderbird to a nice looking Eudora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.