1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 error message on shut-down

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by trount, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trount

trount Thread Starter

I recently installed Outlook 2000 (OEM) I am running Windows XP H.E. I uninstalled Outlook Express as directed. Now I get annoying error messages on shut-down of Outlook. Everything works find, send and receive. I've tried all I know to do, "detect and repair" and "up-date" of Outlook, I still get these messages. Annoying only, not debilitating.

Trount

2. Pancake

Pancake

Give us a little clue.What does the message say.

3. trount

trount Thread Starter

"Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." When I click on "To see what data this error report contains." there is a long list of data which means absolutely noting to me. Sorry,that is the best I can tell you. I am very technologically challenged.

Trount

4. RandyG

RandyG

Who told you to uninstall Outlook Express??

If you are using Outlook 2000 in Internat Mail Only mode, then Outlook REQUIRES Outlook Express to be on the machine, as it utilises some of its files.

OL2000: Why Outlook 2000 Requires Outlook Express

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!