Outlook 2000 exe attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Russell Morton

Following a recent update of outlook 2000, it now warns me not to send exe files and will not allow me to receive exes as attachments. We are software developers and send exes by email all the time. How can I turn off this "improvement"

Anne Troy

Anne
Sorry, Russell.

You cannot.

Uninstall Office 2K completely. Delete the Office folder from your registry:

hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\office\9.0

Reinstall Office and SR1, but NOT SR2...

That's what I did.

Or . . .

zip them all up and send them that way.

It's what I do, and it allows me that added sense of security!!;):p

Just FYI, the attachments are there, cause you downloaded them, just not accessible.

Take a look at OL2000: Cannot Access Attachments for advise on how to circumvent this.

Once you look at it, I think you will agree that Dreamboat's, or my, suggestion would be best. Or maybe you won't, but at least you have the info at hand to make that determination now!!:D

You mean you answered it all correctly back in December and just had a BrainFart today???:D;)

Anne Troy

Anne
First of all, Randy, I do NOT fart.

Secondly, I did my first fix on my own PC and never did the second, but learned of the SR3 at some point--God knows...

I can't remember EVERYTHING!!!

That's what I have you for.

Russell Morton

In the hope that it would give me control back I downloaded SP3 for outlook 2000. Where did they hide the selection of banned attachment file extensions.....

Change the extension to something like doc or wpd before sending...include the appropriate extension in the email to your client to change it back when they receive it.

Russell Morton

An interesting work arround, but this is something Microsoft should fix. Its a bit like stopping plane crashes by grounding all airplanes.

SP3 should be the fix, but if its there its well burried.

Russell Morton

The Attachment Options COM worked as advertise.

This completely solves the problem, many thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online