1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 hangs upon exit...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rjones34, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjones34

rjones34 Thread Starter

I've seen Microsofts fix to this (kb 834005) and tried to apply it with no avail. We only have the instance of Outlook installed on the machine and not the full Office 2000 product.

Basically what the KB says is that if Outlook is opened in an 2003 environment (which we use in our Citrix evironment) then opened again in 2000 (which is on the clients PC) you'll see that Oulook hangs upon exiting and simply leaves the 'Please Wait While Microsoft Outlook Exits'.

I tried applying the hotfix associated with kb834005 and to no avail. It says that it cannot be applied to the system because the product cannot be found. WTF?

Anyways if any of you have any ideas they'd be most appreciated.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Create a new PST file (personal folder) and import the folders one at a time (inbox, calendar, etc.) from the old one until you get the lockup on shutdown again. It appears that one of your folders may have become corrupted and you may have to delete it or recreate it in a new PST file.

3. rjones34

rjones34 Thread Starter

Well here's a shocker. It actually did work on one machine. I think the kicker is that the machine I initially tried it on had Outlook installed as a seperate program, not from the Office CD, rather from an Outlook 2000 only CD.

I will try deleting the PST files, though I don't know how much a bearing that will play seeing as we are in an Exchange environment.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice