1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 holidays expire March 2007-then what?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by GEOFF, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GEOFF

GEOFF Thread Starter

My Outlook 2000 Calender holidays do not show after March 17, 2007. A visit to the microsoft office update site shows the latest holidays update to be the one I have. Does anyone know if Microsoft will be offering a further Outlook holidays update beyond March 2007 for Office 2000?
    thanks,
    G

2. Rockn

Rockn

Do a search on your hard drive for a file named Outlook.txt and edit with notepad. You can add any holidays you like in the format in the file. Be sure to edit the number next to [Canada] for any additional holidays that you might add.

3. GEOFF

GEOFF Thread Starter

Thank you. By the way it opens in Wordpad as the file is too big for Notepad.

Ok then, I will just edit the year for the holidays that fall on the same day each year and save the file before closing it.

Regarding holidays like Easter that fall on a different day each year, is it possible to edit these just by changing the year or should one find a calender that shows their exact day each upcomming year and then edit the day as well and month if necessary?
    G

4. Rockn

Rockn

Once you edit and save the file you have to go into Outlook and go to Tools > Options > Preferences tab and click the Calendar Options button. Click the Add Holidays button and when the next screen opens select OK and it will insert the dates into your Calendar.

To change the ones that do not fall on the same day you will need to figure out what day they do fall on and edit the file accordingly. I am sure you can remove the old entries for say 2004, etc.

5. GEOFF

GEOFF Thread Starter

Thanks Rockn. That's a really clear response. I'm on it.
    G

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice