Outlook 2000 hyperlinks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ColsHub2

From my research I should be able to use Insert/File/Insert/Insert as Hyperlink to add a link to a network file in my Outlook 2000 emails. But when I go to Insert/File/Insert I don't see "Insert as Hyperlink". When I try to add the link manually by typing file://\\G:\path\path\path\filename.xls (inserting %20 for spaces in the path) I get message: Cannot find 'file:///G:/path/path/path/filename.ext. Note slashes after file: and direction of slashes in the path. It also substitutes %2520 for %20. I had tried %2520 earlier with no success but it seems it is remembering.
What am I doing wrong?

Update- I added <http://www.cnn.com> and it worked fine

ColsHub2 said:
Been there, done that. Problem is I don't get "Insert as Hyperlink".
I have Outlook 2002 and just tried and don't have insert hyperlink option either, but I tried Ctrl + K and insert hyperlink dialog box opened.

ColsHub2

Ctrl+K didn't work for me. According to "shortcuts" it only works in (2 other MS apps I can't remember).

Thanks anyway
The search goes on.
Did I ever tell you how much I hate Microsoft?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online