1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 loads then shuts down

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JW, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JW

JW Thread Starter

OS dual boot win98se all office products work,But!! w2k outlook starts to load and then it shuts down after a few seconds.I worked before a couple days ago but now it loads and i sometimes can get the mail loaded in and then it shuts down.It will not stay open.??? Any help would be nice.I tried the repair with the disk but no luck,and also tried to reinstall Office on w2k but still no luck. Thanks All JW PS HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Have you tried running Detect and Repair under the help menu?

What happens if you open Outlook and don't do anything. Does it close on its own? If so, sounds like you may have some corrupt email trying to come in or go out. If so, you may want to disconnect your internet or "work offline" and try to delete the offending mail.

Let us know....

3. JW

JW Thread Starter

Yes it does close if i just do nothing,And i did try the solution that you gave me and no luck also. On to the next option.Thanks JW

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    IMO or CW install?

Check under Help-About Outlook.

5. JW

JW Thread Starter

I believe it is imo and if i open it and do nothing it shuts down.??? What do you think??? JW

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice