Outlook 2000: Mail Notification in System Tray but No Mail in Inbox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

agoodjohn

on win 2000 lan connected to isdn server 2 out of seven machines show new mail in the systray, but there are none in the in box.
any help please
regards Alan

I have seen the problem before, but I haven't be able to reproduce it. Do you have multiple profiles on the machine? To check, go to start, settings, control panel, and double click on mail. Then click show profiles. The default profile will be shown at the bottom of the window. Make sure that is the same profile that is being used. Let me know how that works.

agoodjohn

all profiles show ms exchange but still getting mail showing in three in systray but nothing in inbox.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi agoodjohn

Are you using .pst/.ost files? If so, have you tried running Scanpst.exe against those files to rule out message corruption?

Have you tried the Detect and Repair function under Help?

How many profiles are on the PC? You said that new mail shows in three of them, who is the default profile? Do they get a "false" icon?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online