Outlook 2000 Prem E-mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DRDAVE1208

I am on cable high-speed internet...I can send e-mails OK, but the inbound e-mails from time to time tend to stack up at the web mail box...if I hit send/receive several times they may or may not come into Outlook....If I close Outlook and restart, they usually come in....Outlook is configured to check for mail every 60 sec.
I have worked with the cable tech dept about configuration and all seems ok.....ANY IDEAS???

Anne Troy

Anne
I used to have that problem too much for my taste. I don't know what fixed it, tho I still have to do it sometimes.

Did you try running Detect and Repair from the Help menu in Outlook?

60 seconds is really not much time. I have several email accounts and, depending on traffic, I think it takes a good 10 to 15 seconds for it to check mail, much less download it with attachments...

Check the timeout you have set for each account too. Perhaps the timeout is not long enough for the server. Mine is 1 minute.

DRDAVE1208

Thanks for the input....I have run the repair several times and I am also completely up to date with Office fixes.....I will try changing the check mail time to 2 minutes and see what happens.

Thanks...DS

Anne Troy

Anne
If you're allowing the timeout to be two minutes, but only allowing 60 seconds on the check mail, it kinda defeats the purpose.

Set your pickup for every 2 or 3 minutes. Just test it. The lack of speed might stop the annoyance. :)

DRDAVE1208

OK....I will test it today.....speed wise, I run at 2million down and 128up on windows 2000Pro w/1.28mm ram.....so there is plenty of umph there!

Anne Troy

Anne
Noooo. I didn't mean that.

It's like you're giving a car 60 seconds to get from point a to point b (how often you check mail). But it takes at least 60 seconds just to start the car (timeout setting on account).

The lack of speed I refer to is the length of time between checking mail.

I check my mail every 5 minutes and certainly get it often enough.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online