1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 Preview Pane

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hencab, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hencab

hencab Thread Starter

Hi. I had set my folders with the preview pane on. All of a sudden, it seems like it turned off by itself. Now some folders have the preview pane but a lot don't. What happened? How do I turn it on again for all folders without having to click on each folder and turning it on one by one? Help!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Okay, hen. Against my better judgment right now, I'll tell you how to PROLLY get it back.

Close OL.
    Hit Start-Run and type:

outlook.exe /cleanviews

Hit Enter.

If you get an error, check your spelling (LOL) or include the path to Outlook.exe in the command line and try again, i.e.:

c:\program files\microsoft office\outlook.exe /cleanviews

3. hencab

hencab Thread Starter

Hi Dreamboat. Good to hear from you again. Thank you for posting a reply. I am a bit apprehensive on using your solution because it will reset all my view modifications. I found out how to turn on the Preview Pane from Woody's Lounge. Click View > Current View > Define Views > select View Name > Modify > Other Settings > check Show Preview Pane > Ok > Ok > Apply View. Thanks a lot again! :)

Henry

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I'm sorry. I thought you meant it didn't WORK.

Are you viewing your Advanced toolbar?
    View-Toolbars, choose Advanced.

There's a preview pane toggle button on there.

5. hencab

hencab Thread Starter

Yes, I am viewing my Advanced toolbar. Thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60761

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice