Outlook 2000 problem "Not Responding" Lockup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

footballhead

Hello,
First off let me thank you for veiwing this thread I hope you can be some help.
Outlook 2000 was receivng some emails and then locked up with the "Not Responding" message so I ctrl alt del closed the program and restart open out look and it is still locked up.
I downloaded the service packs 1a 2 and 3 and still no luck
I then uninstalled outlook only to reinstall and still have the same emails sitting there in the inbox that are cauing this lock up?
I then uninstalled the entire office program then reinstalled and the same thing. All of the old emails are still sitting in my inbox??? Is there some way to remove those emails without having outlook opened? I thought for sure uninstalling outlook would remove the old emails?
Please help Im a couple minutes aways from formatting my entire hard drive :p
Thanks in advance for your response.

footballhead

Hello,
I figured it out but rather than remove this thread I left it up with this reply incase others might have this same problem. I hope my fix can help you too.

Reboot in safe mode, then simply open outlook and delete the offending email which is causing the lock up. Then reboot in normal mode and wala! fixed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online