1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000--problem sending

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sunsurfh2o, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sunsurfh2o

sunsurfh2o Thread Starter

I have recently installed Win2000 and Office on my laptop. At first I had no problems sending/receiving email from Outlook from all of my accounts (3). Recently, however, I receive the following error message: "The TCP/IP connect was unexpectedly terminated by the server (Account: "" "" Error Code 0x800ccc0f)
    It matters not from which account I attempt to send email--it just won't go out. Incidentally, I have no trouble receieving mail, just sending--every damn time!

I went weeks without any problems, then suddenly last night it just stopped sending mail like the Postal Service going on strike.
    The only thing I noted was that the first denial came from attempting to send a document originally opened in Word--not Outlook "Compose New"--to an email recipient.

My ISP is either Road Runner (cable) at home or AT&T Worldnet (dial-up) while on the road. I have email accounts with Yahoo! as well from my own hosted domain. Suffice to say, it matters not which ISP or account I use. Similarly, whether I compose it in Word, plain text, or Microsoft Outlook Rich Text the email will simply not leave my outbox--same error message.

Any help with trouble shooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Drew

2. Raphael

Raphael

Try this, it worked for me.
    Tools, Accounts, Click on your account, Properties, Advanced, Outgoing Mail (SMTP)...change it from 25 to 25000.
    What happens is, some companies will block your outgoing e mail due to spamming, You are getting around it by changing your smtp

3. sunsurfh2o

Did as you suggested, Raphael, but it changed nothing... anyone else out there have a suggestion?

Drew

4. ioniser

ioniser

Hi,

Have you changed any security settings recently? Have you added a "Windows Update" to your Outlook? They could have changed your security settings - Microsoft are getting really paranoid about security within their software....

Check your email account settings for the following, it may help...

TOOLS - ACCOUNTS - (select one) - PROPERTIES
    Click the SERVERS tab, take the tick OUT of "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" for general email accounts....

and if you're trying to collect emails from somewhere like Yahoo or another web-mail type of server, put a TICK in the "My Server Requires Authentication" for that email account - ESPECIALLY if it's set to the default account, and click the settings button and enter your details.
    Then when the default email account tries to connect to the web-based mail server, it will log you in first - Required if you want to send mail :)

Give it a try and let me know...

Regards,

Ionz

5. sunsurfh2o

Again, thanx Ionz, but still no luck.

Anyone?

Drew

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice