1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 .pst files

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cradino, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cradino

cradino Thread Starter

Outlook 2000 can import .pst files witch is composed of personal folders.
    Right clicking on each personal folder> advanced tab we can see the path to each .pst file.

Question:
    Who, witch outlook parameter, or witch registry key informs outlook witch .pst files to loads at it's startup?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

If you are thinking of changing the location of the default .pst file that outlook uses, you don't need to modify the registry. Just close outlook and move the file to where you want it, with the name you want. When you open outlook, it will ask you where the file is now.

3. cradino

cradino Thread Starter

Obrigado!
    E como é que eu posso passar para o livro de endereços do Outlook os endereços do livro de endereços do outlook express ficheiro do tipo .wab. Sei que posso passar os endereços por arrasto - drag and drop - mas dessa forma perco a organização por grupos. Como é que se pode fazer o outlook importar ou de alguma forma integrar os do outlook express com toda a sua organização?

4. DaveBurnett

Pardon??

5. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Try adding a second Personal Folder using that PST file. Then copy what you want from the first one. Then remove it.

6. cradino

cradino Thread Starter

Excuse me please :eek: . I forgot myself to translate my question. I leave below the translation. Now I do not understand which .pst file therefore I have a file .wab and if I try to open it reply of outlook is clear: Microsoft Outlook
    File C: Addresses.WAB is not a file of folders
    staffs.
    OK
    Now the old message:
    "Debtor!
    How can I pass to the book of addresses of the Outlook the
    addresses of the book of addresses of outlook express file
    of the type .wab. I know that I can pass the addresses by dragging and dropping them into outlook addresses - but by this way I lose the groups organization . How can I make outlook to import or by any way
    integrate outlook express group addresses information with all its organization?

7. DaveBurnett

You don't open it, you IMPORT it, and follow the prompts. It is under Internet Mail and Adresses.

8. cradino

cradino Thread Starter

Thanks.
    It works but it crashes withou terminate the process with this error message:
    "Erro no programa

OUTLOOK.exe gerou erros e irá ser fechado pelo Windows.
    Necessita de reiniciar o programa.

Está a ser criado um registo de erros."

But the groups was imported .. the contact imports was not terminated about the errror. May be any corruption!

Plase ansewer me one more question if you know:
    I have made the import on MsOutlook menu sequence and options listed:
    "Importar e exportar...>Importar correio e endereços de Internet > Microsoft Internet Mail 3.x > Pasta 'Contactos' do Outlook > Permitir a criação de duplicados"

and the informations can be viewed in outlook contacts tab or in Tools>address book outlook command.

This comand opens one new window named Adress Book. The menu file of this Window has commands Import and Export separated.

My question is: Why are these commands alawais desabled?????????? What are them for??? When are them used? and what to do??

9. cradino

cradino Thread Starter

I can add that the importation fails when outlook starts to create the
    distribution lists...

10. DaveBurnett

They are greyed out on mine as well. I don't know why, and I cannot find a use for them.

In what way does it fail?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice