1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 runs slow for ONLY ONE of the 5 users - Why?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wcmaness, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wcmaness

wcmaness Thread Starter

:confused: I have an odd problem with Outlook 2000. I am running XP on my Dell Optiplex 8200 (Pentium 4 with lots of memory). Problem is - when I open Outlook, it takes several minutes to open. If I want to open an email, it takes just as long. And if I want to send a new email, or reply to one, - same delay.

Here's the odd part - NO ONE else on the computer experiences this delay. As long as they log in as one of the other 4 family users, Outlook runs at normal speed (i.e. opens right up; no delay in sending or replying etc.).

What's wrong and how do I fix it?

2. tecknomage

tecknomage

Do you have something running that other family members do not have? Like sharing program (music, photo, etc.). Remember that these malware (MNSHO :rolleyes: ) utilities are allowing the world (anyone running the same utility) to access and download info from your system. Your symptom occurred to my niece because her eldest had loaded Limewire. This made using online education impossible because of the online traffic jam. Removing Limewire solved the problem.

When you start Outlook, look at the Statusbar where it is showing downloading of email. Could there be a large email that never gets fully downloaded? Usually it's one with an attachment. Your symptom happens to me at work, with large downloads.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!