Outlook 2000 - selecting a FROM field

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ecomel

AARON
I just switched over from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000, for small office networking reasons.
In Outlook Express when I Create a new mail message the From field has a drop-down menu from which I could choose which of my e-mail identities (personal, work etc) I want the message to be "from".
Outlook 2000 doesn't give me this option when I create a new message and when I click on the From field box a dialogue prompts me to choose an address from my personal address book, but my own e-mail identities (I have six) are not in my personal address book and besides I don't want to have to go scrolling through my PAB looking for myself every time I want to create a new message. (My PAB, imported from Outlook Express 6, doesn't even list names in alphabetical order and I can't work out how to turn this on).
So, how can I get Outlook 2000 to show me the list of e-mail accounts set up on my computer so I can choose one for the From field of each new message I create?
I live in Papua New Guinea so technical help is not so easy to access here....'

You will notice that the Send button has a downward pointing arrow head. Click that instead of the full button, and you will have the options to send From one of your accounts.

ecomel

AARON
Actually my Send button doesn't have any menu arrow. Maybe that's because the From account options are not set up the way they would need to be to make the arrow appear?

OK, I only have Outlook setup with one identity, but 4 accounts. When i am sending a message, I can click on the downward arrow to send from any of my accounts.

If you go to Tools, Accounts, Mail tab, how many acocunts are htere?? If only one, then you wouldn't have an option to send from another.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online