1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 - selecting a FROM field

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ecomel, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ecomel

ecomel Thread Starter

First Name:
    AARON
    I just switched over from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000, for small office networking reasons.
    In Outlook Express when I Create a new mail message the From field has a drop-down menu from which I could choose which of my e-mail identities (personal, work etc) I want the message to be "from".
    Outlook 2000 doesn't give me this option when I create a new message and when I click on the From field box a dialogue prompts me to choose an address from my personal address book, but my own e-mail identities (I have six) are not in my personal address book and besides I don't want to have to go scrolling through my PAB looking for myself every time I want to create a new message. (My PAB, imported from Outlook Express 6, doesn't even list names in alphabetical order and I can't work out how to turn this on).
    So, how can I get Outlook 2000 to show me the list of e-mail accounts set up on my computer so I can choose one for the From field of each new message I create?
    I live in Papua New Guinea so technical help is not so easy to access here....'

2. RandyG

RandyG

You will notice that the Send button has a downward pointing arrow head. Click that instead of the full button, and you will have the options to send From one of your accounts.

3. ecomel

ecomel Thread Starter

First Name:
    AARON
    Actually my Send button doesn't have any menu arrow. Maybe that's because the From account options are not set up the way they would need to be to make the arrow appear?

4. RandyG

RandyG

OK, I only have Outlook setup with one identity, but 4 accounts. When i am sending a message, I can click on the downward arrow to send from any of my accounts.

If you go to Tools, Accounts, Mail tab, how many acocunts are htere?? If only one, then you wouldn't have an option to send from another.

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice