Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2000 SR-1: Problem with Contacts in Email

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  EAFiedler 
#1 ·
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1, and use Windows XP Professional, Version 2002, Service Pack 2 (to the extent it is relevant). When I go to address an email by scrolling down the list of contacts that show up by clicking on the email "to" button, only some of my contacts come through, despite the fact that all of my contacts contain email addresses. I have checked the Microsoft website, and their fix on this (OL 2000 (CW)/Q197907) for Outlook 2000 is limited to Outlook installed with the "corporate or workgroup" option, which mine is not. I was unable to find any additional help for this version of Outlook and would greatly appreciate any insights. Thank you very much.

#2 ·
Hi lawyermom

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Do you have more than one Contacts folder in Outlook?

Open the Address Book in Outlook, are there folders or groups listed under Contacts?
If so, look in each to see if the missing Contacts appear.
If Contacts appear in other folders, you can Copy them to the main folder.

When using the To: button, you can also click the drop down arrow and switch to the other folders (if they exist) to select those Contacts.

Let us know what you find.

This may be of interest to you: This link shows how to reconfigure mail support in Outlook 2000.
How to switch from one installation type to another in Outlook 2000

An advantage of having Outlook configured as Corporate/Workgroup, is the ability to create additional profiles in Outlook. If errors start occurring in Outlook, you can create another profile to see if the errors occur in the new profile, as well.
How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2000

#3 ·
Thanks so much for responding. It turns out I did not have more than one folder in my contacts. I then tried to reconfigure mail (according to the link you provided) in hopes of then being able to use the Microsoft instruction on this, but now I can't access my address book at all through my email. When I click on "to" - I get an error message. I tried moving between internet only and corporate workgroup and now, under either configuration, I get the same message. Any thoughts? Thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.