1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2000 Sr-1

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by blockhead, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blockhead

blockhead Thread Starter

Is it at all possible to integrate hotmail and yahoo a/c's into this browser in EXACTLY the same way as in Outlook Express 6?, ie so that one can save them in the browser, read/write/compose offline etc.

I can store my hotmail and yahoo a/c with OE6 and operate exactly as I would with an email a/c with any isp but I cannot seem to do this with Outlook 2000sr-1. Thanks everyone

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Q234704 explains how to set up Hotmail

Q254007 explains how to set up Yahoo email

To view the Technet articles, hit the link that follows and scroll down. Type the number into the box next to the green arrow at the bottom of the page.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo&

Wondering what their intent is there, blockhead? MS owns Hotmail, but not Yahoo. Why will they "let" you configure Outlook to see Yahoo but not their own? Doh!

Well, it's advertising, you see. If they don't force you to go to the Hotmail site, or to set it up the way they explain, you won't see the ads. Which defeats their purpose of giving Hotmail for free. They want to "force" you to see the ads. They don't care about Yahoo because they don't OWN yahoo. But expect it to happen anyway, because Yahoo, as I understand it, will be going that way too.

Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice