Outlook 2000 Want to specify which e-mail account to use to send

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigbadtroll

Hi! I have changed computers (from a '98 to an XP) and have set up all my email accounts in Outlook 2000. Don't want to use Outlook Express because it interferes with attachments people send me.

My problem is that it won't let me select which address I am sending from! This creates great confusion for the customers of our three businesses. I have clicked on the Options button as Outlook advises but it keeps telling me that it is out of memory and to close other programs and try again. This even happens when there is nothing else open.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Ronlyn
Victoria, Australia

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
When you come to send the message, instead of using the SEND button, there is a tiny arrow just to the right of it. Click on that and it will drop down a list of the accounts you have set up for you to choose which to send from.

bigbadtroll

Thanks Dave, but that's the first thing I tried and how I came to realize I had a problem. It just shows a little square blank space. The Help section suggests using the option function under 'View' in the new message window, but when I do that it just tells me I don't have enough memory or system resoursces and to shut things down and try again. That's fine, except that nothing else is open! All my accounts (email addresses) are receiving fine but I can't send from anything other than the first one on my list.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Ronlyn

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi bigbadtroll

Is Outlook 2000 setup in Corporate Workgroup mode or Internet Mail only mode?
If it is setup in Corporate Workgroup mode have you tried creating a new profile for Outlook 2000 to see if you get the same results?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online