1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook 2000

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chewie1012, Nov 21, 2001.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chewie1012

chewie1012 Guest Thread Starter

This one should be easy for you, but I can't seem to find the answer. My wife has been having some problems with netscape communicator lately. She has not been able to send email. I would like to set up outlook with different users like netscape does. How do you do that?

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

I'm not real familiar with it but this may help.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm

Just so you know, it is my understanding that with Outlook 2000 you are unable to subscribe to newsgroups or view pictures in the preview pane, whereas, with Outlook Express you can.

BTW- Are you recieving ant errors with Netscape?

3. chewie1012

I think she just has problems sending email or maybe receiving it.

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Are you set up for different users with Netscape and if so does the problem only happen with her?

5. chewie1012

It seems to yes. I am usually on at less busy times though. I am just looking for a way to ease her frustration. I tried logging in as a different user and the mail in outlook just goes into the same in box.

6. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Netscape- You can delete her user profile and start over. That should cure any problems she is having.

Outlook- Have you followed all of the steps involved?

7. chewie1012

I tried all the steps and the mail just goes into my inbox no matter which user I logon as.

8. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

9. subaruwrx

subaruwrx

Right click on the outlook Icon on the desktop and go to properties, click on show profiles and add a new one. Configure that one to be her. Make sure she is using a different PST file...
    --Adam

10. chewie1012

I don't see that as an option. I click on outlook choose properties and it opens a window that says internet accounts

11. subaruwrx

subaruwrx

ok, then go into outlook and click on tools options and click on mail delivery. Click on reconfigure mail support. Set it to corporate work group. then you will get that. The only thing is that I am not sure that you will still have the mail you have in there now.
    The good news is that no you can have as many profiles as you want.
    To configure the email now, you need to add a personal folder, outlook address book and configure an internet email service for each user. To do that, you right click the icon and go to properties... Then click show profiles. Add a new profile, start Outlook as that person and configure it under tools> services. Click add and add an internet email service and a personal folder.
    --Adam

12. chewie1012

I'll try that
    thanks

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice