1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2002 Account Problems

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by zdog, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zdog

zdog Thread Starter

I have two email accounts set up in Outlook on my computer at home. My account works fine but my wife's doesn't. I have sent her several emails from work but they either show up in my inbox or don't show up at all. However, if I send her something from the computer at home whether from my Outlook account or from my hotmail account she receives those OK.

When I go into "Email Accounts" and choose her account and run the test, it says the account is working correctly. Does anyone know what might be wrong with her account?

Thanks

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Can anyone else send her e-mail or is it just from your work that doesn't work. The post doesn't really say.

3. zdog

zdog Thread Starter

Bob - Actually, I don't know if anyone else has sent her anything. But I have sent emails to my account at home from work and they came through alright. This really has me puzzled.

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

You might want to do some more testing than from just the single account to see where the problem might be. If you feel comfortable, send me an e-mail with her address and I'll try it from my home as well.

5. zdog

zdog Thread Starter

After reading your post last night, I had someone else (using AOL) email her and it also came to my account...not hers. I wonder if I should contact my ISP and see if the problem might be on their end?

I really appreciate your help with this.

6. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

I have occassionally see this where Outlook tests fine but no e-mail comes in. In all cases it was at the ISPs end. Certainly worth the try.

7. zdog

zdog Thread Starter

Well, I emailed my ISP and told them about my situation. They replied back a couple of hours later saying only that the email account was "active and working". At least she still has her hotmail account, though hotmail is such a pain.

8. melonhead

melonhead

A couple of my clients had the same problem and they were simple setup errors. You may want to double check these to see if this could be the reason.

Go to e-mail accounts. Select her account name and click change. When her account information comes up first check to make sure that the logon information is for her account and not your account. (also check the user information but this is usually not where the problem lies.)

If those are all correct. Click on the "more settings" button. Then select the advance tab. Is the incoming server information correct? It is usually 110. Make sure that the "this server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is unchecked. (Unless you do require that.)

If that is all correct, choose the connection tab. Make the correct connection is checked.

Look at the connection and make sure that it is the correct connection.

I hope this is the solution since it is very easy!! Good luck!

9. zdog

zdog Thread Starter

I don't know how many times I checked the account settings, but after reading melonhead's post I decided to look one more time. I realized I had my wife's account showing up in my account (with my account as the default). I deleted that second account and now she appears to be getting her email. Thanks Bob and melonhead for lending me your expertise!

10. melonhead

melonhead

Your welcome. This is great website and I have always appreciate the help I received.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice